◊ Patterned Bleach Cut Off Shorts ◊
After reading through several DIY blogs, I decided to mix a few ideas all in one with this pair of shorts, and I love how they turned out! Always remember to be careful with bleach, I spilled some and it burned my skin. Always dye or bleach clothing outside, wear old clothes, and rinse in an empty sink. Enjoy!
 |
| I began with an old pair of Target brand pants with a higher waist. |
 |
| Use a pair of shorts you already like the length of and mark the length of them with chalk on your old pair of pants. Fold the pants in half with pockets facing up, cut along the chalk one leg at a time. |
 |
Ta da, you now have shorts.
Take shorts outside and begin tying rubber bands around them.
Get a deep enough container for the shorts to be immersed in bleach, but not a bucket. Fill with HALF water and HALF bleach.
After adding more rubber bands to the front and back, this is what mine looked like. (the rubber bands are placed at random, it doesn't matter at all.)
I had to tilt my container slightly so the shorts were completely under
Place a heavy object on top of the shorts to keep them from floating.
After an hour, remove the shorts from the solution. It depends on what color you want them to be in the end, I wanted whiter shorts so I left them in for longer.
After, take the shorts and rinse them thoroughly in your kitchen sink. Remove the rubber bands and see what they look like!
Wash them 3-4 times in the washing machine for a brighter white bleached color.
**The above last photos were taken while the shorts were still wet and had not been washed yet. The shorts will get whiter with washing.**
There ya have it! It's super simple to transform an old pair of pants into a trendy new pair of shorts.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment